Engine Assembly and Test Facility
Major Sale by Private Treaty
EX BMW MUNICH ENGINE ASSEMBLY AND TEST FACILITY
The BMW Munich Engine Assembly and Test facility became available during early 2017 and was decommissioned during the latter part of 2017. The decommissioning was undertaken and completed in a professional manner with a team from a BMW chosen and accredited German decommissioning company working in conjunction with BMW Munich engineers and a global renown decommissioning and Turnkey reinstallation company. Following decommissioning the complete facility was packed accordingly and transported to the United Kingdom for due diligence and project preparation.
Assembled and Tested on the facility were the N20 range of twin scroll Turbo charged direct injection engines encompassing the latest engine assembly and test techniques and technology with Euro six emissions standards including Hybrid versions. The facility can produce one fully dressed engine unit every circa thirty seconds depending on the engine variant. Given this throughput rate, with the clients chosen shift pattern and appropriate operating procedure in place the facility running at circa 90% efficiency will produce 190,000 units + on a one shift system, 380,000 units + on a two-shift system and 500,000 units + on a three-shift system.
Preparation in the United Kingdom for client inspection and diligence included but not limited to the following tasks:
- Inspection and identification of all Assembly and Test machine station assemblies against the last off 2017 shop floor CAD line layouts.
- Application of suitable protection media where appropriate to tooling, fixtures and sensitive hardware systems for prevention against corrosion/deterioration.
- Checking and logging all dismantling data.
- Laying down of assets for client ease of inspection.
- Applying asset Identification for ease of inspection/due diligence.
- Compiling of appropriate client review and due diligence documents by line and process.
- Logging and identification of all machine/station technical manuals by line and process.
- Identification and logging of all machine/station OEM set up software.
The facility is BMW state of the art, it includes the finest equipment contribution from the likes of GROB, KUKA, and J W Froehlich supported by the latest Siemen’s and Thyssen Krupp hardware, software and operating systems. It covers all the necessary equipment to Assemble and Test full dressed engines. To ensure the throughput the facility includes circa 15 off KUKA and J W Froehlich Test units covering engine Cold test, Leak test and Helium test. The individual stations and conveyor systems are predominantly GROB built and installed, supported by Thyssen Krupp, Festo and Demag systems.
The assets are supported with a complete hard and electronic copy technical manual library including but not limited to:
- OEM set up and programming software.
- OEM Installation manuals.
- OEM Setting and Operation manuals.
- OEM Maintenance manuals.
- OEM Machine and Station CAD mechanical layouts.
- OEM Machine and Station CAD electrical layouts.
- OEM Hydraulic CAD layouts (where applicable).
- OEM Pneumatic CAD layouts (where applicable).
- OEM Machine Foundation CAD layouts.
- OEM Spare parts manuals.
- Tool and Fixture CAD drawings.
- Assembly and Test individual CAD line layouts.
- Conveyor and engine platen CAD drawings.
- Process flow data.
The project is ideally suited for any forward-looking modern engine manufacturer seeking to move into the next generation of New Energy Vehicle engines to include Euro 6 emissions standards onwards. It presents an ideal opportunity for the facility to be retrofitted to suit the client’s engine/powertrain requirement with potential for considerable saving on capital investment and vital lead times for installation and commissioning. The facility comes with all aspects of technical support for supporting a full Turnkey operation.
To compliment the Assets and associated OEM engine Assembly and Test technology on offer there is available to any prospective client powertrain research and development facilities, expertise and resource should they have an interest in combining the facility with latest Hybrid technologies to develop a purpose designed powertrain system.
The facility is available for immediate inspection.
View: Strictly by appointment only.
Location: Tamworth, United Kingdom.
For further information or to schedule an inspection please contact: